Our Bathurst office is open for payments only, however we are not accepting cash payments. We are equipped to take cheque, money order and Interac. Many (but not all) of our providers also accept credit card. All credit card payments can also be accepted over the phone.
There are a variety of ways that you can pay your insurance premiums. We suggest using a format that most closely follows social distancing protocols:
1) You can pay for your premiums online via the company portal, or online banking. All company payment portals are listed below. Most banks will allow you to add your insurer as a payee on your online banking as well. Please make sure to search for your insurer, as opposed to Kent & White Insurance (e.g. Intact, Travelers, Pembridge, etc).
2) Use the remittance envelope that arrives in the mail with your renewal documents. You can choose to send a cheque or money order directly to your insurer. All payment instructions are included with your documents.
3) You can pay for your premiums directly at your bank’s branch office. Most banks are equipped to accept payments at the branch office for your insurance premiums. We do know that TD, Royal Bank, Scotia Bank, and National Bank are equipped for this method of payment.
4) Call the Kent & White offices (506) 548-8994 or (506) 739-6274. We can accept credit card payments over the phone, and apply the payment for you, or assist you with any of the options listed above.
5) We are open in our Bathurst office for non-cash payments (cheque, money order, debit, or credit card for those companies who accept them).
CAA : Call our office
INTACT: Call our office
PORTAGE MUTUAL: https://www.portagemutual.com/PaymentPlans/MakeAPayment.aspx
TRAVELERS: Call our office
As the details continue to be provided by each company, we will continue to update the information below:
Aviva Price Promise. All personal lines auto policies renewing on June 15, 2020 or later will not see any increase at renewal. Aviva is not offering any changes in underwriting criteria or direct rebates due to the COVID-19 situation.
CAA has be added a 10% discount on upcoming home and auto insurance renewals AND new business. This is being offered on both home and auto renewals, and commenced on May 1st for new business, and June 15th for existing business. The discount will be in place for 12 months and will be removed at the end of the policy term. This will be added to all renewing business for the next 12 months (e.g. if your renewal was March 15th, 2019 then the discount will be added on March 15th, 2020 for a full 12 months). This discount will be added to your policy(ies) automatically, with no need for you to request of apply.
Economical is offering a rebate to a select number of clients whose home or auto renewed in the Spring, and experienced an increase of more than 10% on their policy. The credits will be paid one time, and do not require you to complete any paperwork, or contact your broker.
Intact will be providing an 15% discount on auto insurance for three months. This applies to policies where driving habits have changed for all vehicles on the policy. Applications for the rebate must be made online by clicking the following link:
If you are completely parking one vehicle, additional discounts are available by contacting one of our Brokers.
Pembridge/Pafco announced a “Stay at Home” payment for all personal lines auto policy holders. This payment will be sent by cheque directly to policy holders for 25% of your monthly auto premium. Cheques were sent in the mail sometime in May. For more information, you can access Pembridge’s website: https://www.pembridge.com/
Pembridge will also be issuing a second “Stay at Home” payment for all individuals with an active automobile or motorcycle policy with Pembridge or Pafco as of July 6 th , 2020. Cheques will be issued for approximately 25% on one month’s premium, similar to the last payments in May.
Portage is not offering any changes in underwriting criteria or direct rebates due to the COVID-19 situation.
Travelers Canada launched the Stay-at-Home Auto Premium Credit Program, which provided a 25% credit on one month’s premium. Credits in the process of being issues, and should have been applied, or will be reflected on your next payment. If you pay by monthly installments, you receive the credit automatically. If you pay in full, you will receive a mailed cheque (if you have not already received it). There is nothing that needs to be done on your end, this was all administered automatically. You can find more information here:
The sooner our brokers are made aware of potential payment issues, the better. Our insurers have provided us with a variety of solutions to payment issues, and we are happy to work with you to provide at least a small amount of comfort during this time. While we do suggest making the effort to keep your insurance payments up to date, the entire industry understands that taking care of your family is priority number one right now. We, along with our insurers are doing our best to support our customers through the uncertain times before us.
Insurers are responding in a variety of different ways to assist t customers. Each of our insurers has their own individual response to COVID-19 and are responding on a case-by-case basis. If you find yourself in a situation where you are unable to pay your upcoming premium, or have issues with a missed payment, please contact our office. We are happy to help you through this.
Most insurers have been flexible on NSFs and payment issues. Please note the list below does not apply to all insurers, but does to many. These temporary measures include:
• Waiving NSF fees during the Country’s response to COVID-19
• Temporary suspension of cancellations for non-pay
• Payment flexibility options (most commonly allowing to skip for one month and spreading the current month’s payment over the following payments.
Bathurst: (506) 548-8994
Edmundston: (506) 739-6274